Author Topic: Your wishes ;)  (Read 10592 times)

reno@phonogen.com

• View Profile
Re: Your wishes ;)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
I know, I didn't give the river long, but still my suggestion: separate the two outputs XLR and Jack in order to a) have two separate stereo pairs for the mix b) upgrade the triko and use it as a separate efx-unit (without signal adjustment of the synth) for other equipment. river and triko would then be separate. no idea if that works. it's hardware :-). Hallo from Zuerich

Rino

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 04:49:47 PM »
I noticed that the pseudo poly after touch is only for last key played.
I would like the choice of highest key played sa well, thank you.

Baloran

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Baloran SAS
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
Nice idea ;)

Baloran

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Baloran SAS
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »
I know, I didn't give the river long, but still my suggestion: separate the two outputs XLR and Jack in order to a) have two separate stereo pairs for the mix b) upgrade the triko and use it as a separate efx-unit (without signal adjustment of the synth) for other equipment. river and triko would then be separate. no idea if that works. it's hardware :-). Hallo from Zuerich
Yes it's hardware and for my opinion, triko and the The River is a positive union ;)

Baloran

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Baloran SAS
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »

In 1.85 for DLFO Mode: channel, last key, higher key, lower key  ;)
I think I have also improved this function because voices that went from DLFo receiver to non-receiver kept the last DLFo value in memory. That wasn't so good, I think it's better now. 

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »

In 1.85 for DLFO Mode: channel, last key, higher key, lower key  ;)
I think I have also improved this function because voices that went from DLFo receiver to non-receiver kept the last DLFo value in memory. That wasn't so good, I think it's better now.
Perfect, thanks!  :)

Lauflicht

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 12:58:22 AM »
If its possible, I would like to be able to lower the brightness of the two screens.
I found that I can change the colors and that helped a little, but lower brightness would also be nice for my eyes. :)

Yes, I second this. For me the displays are too bright for my, usually dimly lit, living room studio. Going to monochrome is kind of a workaround but I like the colours. :-) So maybe it is possible to reduce the brightness of both displays?

Baloran

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Baloran SAS
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 11:27:43 PM »
For reduce the brightness of both displays, isn't possible without harware update. The "GPU" can't ajust TFT light.

But the box is well adapted to the installation in each TFT of one on "over screen" with a small edge that would let n% of the light pass through.  I should be able to do this provided I find the right material with the right light transmission index. : PMMA Acrylic, Plexiglas etc...

Edit : like this
https://vimeo.com/167146723
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:37:41 PM by Baloran »

sean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2020, 03:57:25 AM »
I would be very interested in being able to use an LFO to modulate the pan settings (of specific voices, and/or the dry / chorus / efx sum parameters in the mixer). Other forms of modulation for these values would also be interesting but the LFO seems to offer the most possibilities. Any way to make something like that happen?

Also, it would be cool if the mixer page in general could be accessed through MIDI CC/NPRN. I like modifying the settings while playing and I could see in the future wanting to have dedicated sliders or something mapped to them.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:34:53 AM by sean »

coyote14

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
Have you tried to send the global LFO to a CV Out, plug a jack between this output and the the Pedal In, and control the parameter with CV In ?

sean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »
Have you tried to send the global LFO to a CV Out, plug a jack between this output and the the Pedal In, and control the parameter with CV In ?

First, thank you for your explanation of PAN MODEL / PAN EXP / PAN MOV from GS. If I understand what you wrote, the dynamic modulation allows you to go between different panoramic model settings from "neutral", and I can see how I could use an LFO to automate that (I honestly haven't used the River Key at this point but I see from the manual how to attempt what you describe above).

I was hoping I could just set the individual voice pan settings on the PAN page, and then modulate those with the LFO relative to the initial settings, without trying to figure out the PAN MODEL. If I can find a PAN MODEL that matches how I would pan the voices, and then map LFO to pedal as you describe above, and map dynamic modulation from pedal to PAN EXP or PAN MOV, I should be able to get movement of widening and flattening the stereo image. I don't think I would be able to get movement of the entire stereo image left and right. I could simulate it by only having voices on one side of the stereo field and then modulating as above.

Off to experiment :-D.

EDIT: Did my experiment. I found that if I patched the global LFO to the expression pedal input and DYN SRC to CC11 EXPR, nothing happened. If I patched the global LFO to Pedal 2 and the DYN SRC to CC4 FOOT, then I could get some modulation going. It wasn't really gradual movement in the stereo field so much as abrupt movement from left to right channel, but still kind of cool. The problem I ran into was that Pedal 2 has to be mapped to either start the arpeggiator, enter the shift key, or "EXT". If I set it to either of the first two there are obvious problems, if I set it to the third then any chord I held down would die out in a few seconds regardless of my envelope settings. But I can play shorter notes, or run an ARP, and have it work this way. My guess is that the LFO is disabling the sustain pedal periodically.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 06:19:07 PM by sean »

VE

• View Profile
    • VE website
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2020, 01:47:30 PM »
Hello there, my speakers almost died yesterday because the 'master level' knob wasn't cutting the huge feedback I had experimenting one of the Triko's delays. So it would be nice (and quite normal actually) to control the volume of all sounds coming from the River (including the sound coming from the inner Triko) via this master level knob.

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 12:44:54 PM »
In the next software update I would like if you can put "Local On/Off" in the first place in "System" menu please.
Because thats the function you go to most while changing between playing the synth itself or using it with a DAW.
The other functions are not changed as often.

maisonvague

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
In the next software update I would like if you can put "Local On/Off" in the first place in "System" menu please.
Because thats the function you go to most while changing between playing the synth itself or using it with a DAW.

In the meantime, there's a River Key shortcut for Local On/Off which is SHIFT + F7.

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 04:46:18 PM »

In the meantime, there's a River Key shortcut for Local On/Off which is SHIFT + F7.
Perfect, didn't know that, thanks!
So there are more shortcuts than those on the magnetic list apparently.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:48:38 PM by Peter »