The River > Discussion (English preferably)

Can't get both programs on a 2-layer multi to play simultaneously

(1/1)

joerollerblade:
I’m not able to get both programs on a 2-layer multi to play simultaneously. Please help me understand what settings I might have wrong. This has worked just fine for me in the past.

I’ve attempted to create a two-layer multitimbral patch in the following manor:
1) I loaded factory sound “ObSweep”, deactivated the last 4 voices and tweaked the sound to my taste.
2) I selected channel 2 button and activated the last 4 voices and created a second programed.
3) I activated the second layer by setting “Active” to Yes.
4) I made the sure both layers were set to full keyboard range.
5) I made sure “Source” was set to “All” (also tried “Riv” setting but made no difference) .

Now, with both layers visible and active, if I select the channel 1 button, layer 1 is highlighted, but only its program plays. Then if I select channel 2, layer 2 is highlighted, and only its program plays. Should they not both be heard together? Thanks in advance.

Baloran:
Yes, you must select "All" or "midi" with the mode button.
Mode "select" if for listening just selected channel ;)
With 2 layer, tou can use two arpege/sequence together, it's fine ! 

Another solution with just one layer. Use RDIR page for redir Channel 2 to 1. In this case any eventh for Channel 1 is received by Channel 2.   

joerollerblade:
Thank you, Laurent! You are so reliable at responding! I really appreciate that. Well, I just found the answer myself by actually reading the manual..  Can you believe that?  ???. I promise there will no more dumb questions from me until I read the manual from cover to cover.   :)  Thanks again! You're awesome!

Baloran:
 ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version